Makes about 1-1/2 cups. Double or triple the recipe and freeze leftovers for future meals. Excellent on grilled meats or spaghetti squash.
Approximate cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 oz fresh basil leaves (about 1 cup packed full)
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp coconut aminos
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (optional)
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and blend into a smooth paste (stop several times and scrape the sides of the bowl down to get an even texture).
- Add more or less olive oil to reach desired consistency.