Makes 4 servings.
Approximate cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup slivered or sliced almonds (or nuts of choice)
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, grated
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp coconut aminos (tastes like soy sauce)
- Add 1" of water to the bottom of a medium pot with a steamer insert or basket. Add brussels to steamer, cover, and cook over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, or until just tender and bright green.
- Meanwhile, dry roast the almonds in a small skillet over low heat. Stir constantly and remove from heat when they begin to brown. NOTE: watch and stir constantly, as they can burn easily.
- Combine the olive oil, ginger root, lemon juice and coconut aminos in a small bowl. When brussels are fully cooked, toss with dressing and top with toasted almonds.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.