Makes 4 servings.
Approximate cooking time: 50 minutes
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened full fat canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- sea salt (optional)
- 2 Tbs cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Cut off ends of sweet potatoes. Using a heavy fork, prick 20 times around the surface of each potato.
- Arrange on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until tender (about 45 minutes).
- Let cool slightly, then mash sweet potatoes with a fork.
- Stir in coconut milk, coconut flakes and pomegranate seeds. Season with sea salt if desired.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.