Who would have thought chunky almond butter, applesauce and coconut milk could make a hearty oatmeal replacement? This recipe is just right for those who crave sweet warm cereal breakfasts with a creamy texture. Try it topped with pears, bananas, fresh or dried berries, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, grated apples, or sliced almonds, and serve it with sausage, ham, or eggs for a truly satisfying morning meal. Recipe based on a submission by Lorraine.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 11/2 cup(s) applesauce, unsweetened
- 4 tablespoon(s) almond butter raw, chunky
- 2 tablespoon(s) coconut milk, full fat unsweetened canned
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon to taste
- 1 teaspoon(s) nutmeg, fresh grated (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a small pan over medium heat, stirring often until all is thoroughly combined and warm.
- Add fresh or dried fruits and/or nuts for additional texture and flavor.