Makes dinner for two, with leftovers for lunch.
Approximate cooking time: 35 minutes (with an additional 24 hours to marinate)
- 2 Tbs garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs cold water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1/2 lemon, cut into 1/4" slices
- 1 Tbs dried oregano
- 1 Tbs dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs sea salt (optional)
- 1 small chicken, quartered (or 1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
- Combine all ingredients, except chicken, in a medium bowl to form marinade.
- Place chicken in a large dish or ziploc bag and pour marinade over chicken.
- Marinate overnight.
- The next day, remove chicken from marinade.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Place chicken on a roasting rack (or wire cooling rack) on top of a rimmed baking sheet on top rack of oven. Broil 5 minutes.
- Next, place chicken on middle oven rack, change oven temperature to 350° F and bake for 20 minutes (or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° F).
- Serve with a salad or side.