Recipe makes 4 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 45 minutes
|1||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (optional)|
|1||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
|3/4||teaspoon(s)||fennel seed, crushed|
|4||chicken breast(s), boneless skinless (4-6 oz)|
|6||tablespoon(s)||olive oil, divided|
|1||large||shallot(s), thinly sliced|
|2||teaspoon(s)||rosemary, fresh, chopped|
|2||medium||bell pepper(s), red, thinly sliced|
|1||medium||bell pepper(s), yellow, thinly sliced|
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, fennel seeds, 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder and oregano.
- Brush chicken with 2 teaspoon oil, and sprinkle spice rub over chicken.
- Heat a large skillet over med-high heat, and add 2 teaspoon olive oil.
- Add chicken and cook 3 minutes or until browned. Turn each piece and cook 1 minute more.
- Remove chicken from pan and arrange in a large baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat in the same large skillet used to brown the chicken (do not wash it first).
- When pan is hot, add shallots and rosemary, and Sauté 3-5 minutes, or until shallots are translucent.
- Add peppers, and stir in broth, scraping pan to loosen brown bits.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add vinegar and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook 3 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Serve sauce over chicken.