Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Roast Chicken with Balsamic Bell Peppers
Total Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) fennel seed crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) oregano, dried
- 4 piece(s) chicken breast(s), boneless skinless (4-6 oz)
- 6 tablespoon(s) olive oil divided
- 1 large shallot(s) thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon(s) rosemary, fresh chopped
- 2 medium bell pepper(s), red thinly sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper(s), yellow thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, fennel seeds, 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder and oregano.
- Brush chicken with 2 teaspoon oil, and sprinkle spice rub over chicken.
- Heat a large skillet over med-high heat, and add 2 teaspoon olive oil.
- Add chicken and cook 3 minutes or until browned. Turn each piece and cook 1 minute more.
- Remove chicken from pan and arrange in a large baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat in the same large skillet used to brown the chicken (do not wash it first).
- When pan is hot, add shallots and rosemary, and Sauté 3-5 minutes, or until shallots are translucent.
- Add peppers, and stir in broth, scraping pan to loosen brown bits.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add vinegar and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook 3 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Serve sauce over chicken.