Makes 2 servings.
Approximate cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 2 tsp lemon rind, grated
- Heat 1-1/2" water in a medium pot with a steamer basket insert to a boil.
- Sprinkle green beans evenly with 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (if desired) and place in the basket.
- Cover and steam 10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Immediately plunge green beans into ice water to stop cooking. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add oil when hot.
- Add green onions and rosemary, and saute 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Add green beans, pecans, lemon rind and remaining sea salt (if desired), stirring until thoroughly heated.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.