Approximate Cook Time: 30 minutes
|1||pound(s)||green beans, fresh, trimmed|
|1/2||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, divided|
|2||medium||onion(s), green, sliced|
|2||teaspoon(s)||rosemary, fresh, chopped|
|1/4||cup(s)||pecans, chopped and toasted|
|2||teaspoon(s)||lemon zest, grated|
- Heat 1.5 inches water in a medium pot with a steamer basket insert to a boil.
- Sprinkle green beans evenly with 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (if desired) and place in the basket.
- Cover and steam 10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Immediately plunge green beans into ice water to stop cooking. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add oil when hot.
- Add green onions and rosemary, and saute 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Add green beans, pecans, lemon rind and remaining sea salt (if desired), stirring until thoroughly heated.