Makes 2 servings.
Approximate cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 2 tsp lemon rind, grated
- Heat 1-1/2" water in a medium pot with a steamer basket insert to a boil.
- Sprinkle green beans evenly with 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (if desired) and place in the basket.
- Cover and steam 10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Immediately plunge green beans into ice water to stop cooking. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add oil when hot.
- Add green onions and rosemary, and saute 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Add green beans, pecans, lemon rind and remaining sea salt (if desired), stirring until thoroughly heated.