Recipe makes 4 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 30 minutes
|1||pound(s)||pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1/4 - 1/2 inch strips|
|1/8||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
|1||medium||onion(s), red, diced|
|1||small||jalapeno pepper(s), minced|
|3||tablespoon(s)||cilantro, fresh, chopped|
|1||head(s)||lettuce leave(s), butter, (about 8 leaves)|
- Wash and chop onion, jalapeno, cilantro and tomatoes.
- Season both sides of pork with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add coconut oil to pan.
- Sauté pork until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Remove pork from pan and place in a bowl.
- Add onion and jalapeno to hot pan, and sauté until tender.
- Add broth and tomatoes, and reduce heat to low. Simmer two more minutes, scraping pan sides and bottom to loosen any browned bits.
- Return pork and juices to pan. Stir in lime juice and simmer until pork is fully cooked.
- Top with fresh cilantro and avocado, and wrap with butter lettuce leaves to serve.