Makes dinner for two, with leftovers for lunch.
Approximate cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1/4 - 1/2 inch strips
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 Tbs lime juice
- 3 Tbs cilantro, chopped
- 8 butter lettuce leaves (about 1 large head)
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Wash and chop onion, jalapeno, cilantro and tomatoes.
- Season both sides of pork with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add coconut oil to pan.
- Sauté pork until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Remove pork from pan and place in a bowl.
- Add onion and jalapeno to hot pan, and sauté until tender.
- Add broth and tomatoes, and reduce heat to low. Simmer two more minutes, scraping pan sides and bottom to loosen any browned bits.
- Return pork and juices to pan. Stir in lime juice and simmer until pork is fully cooked.
- Top with fresh cilantro and avocado, and wrap with butter lettuce leaves to serve.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.