Approximate Cook Time: 35 minutes
|11/2||tablespoon(s)||coconut oil, or olive oil|
|1/2||medium||bell pepper(s), red, diced|
|1/2||medium||onion(s), red, diced|
|1/2||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, divided|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground, divided|
|2||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
|1||medium||tomato(es), seeded and chopped|
- Heat coconut oil in a 10 inch oven-proof skillet over medium heat. When hot, add zucchini, pepper, onion, thyme, garlic and half of the sea salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook until vegetables are tender (about 5-7 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomato. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes more or until liquid evaporates.
- Combine eggs and remaining salt and pepper and whisk until frothy.
- Pour eggs over vegetable mixture and stir gently. Cover, reduce heat and cook 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler to low. Finish frittata with 3 minutes under the broiler (until fully set).
- Invert onto a plate, slice and serve warm or cold.