Makes 4 servings.
Approximate cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1 1/2 Tbs olive or coconut oil
- 1 (6") zucchini, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 Tbs fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 9 large eggs
- Heat coconut oil in a 10" oven-proof skillet over medium heat. When hot, add zucchini, pepper, onion, thyme, 1/4 tsp sea salt, 1/8 tsp pepper and garlic.
- Cover and cook until vegetables are tender (about 5-7 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomato. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes more or until liquid evaporates.
- Combine eggs and remaining salt and pepper and whisk until frothy.
- Pour eggs over vegetable mixture and stir gently. Cover, reduce heat and cook 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler to low. Finish frittata with 3 minutes under the broiler (until fully set).
- Invert onto a plate, slice and serve warm or cold.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.