Approximate Cook Time: 60 minutes
|6||medium||beets (3-4 inches)|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (optional)|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
|2||teaspoon(s)||maple syrup, (Grade B recommended)|
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Wash beets and slice into quarters. Cut each quarter into 1/4 inch slices.
- Put beets on baking sheet. Add olive oil, sea salt and pepper and mix together completely. Spread beets out again on baking sheet.
- Roast for 25 to 45 minutes, checking often. Remove from oven when slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar and maple syrup in a small pan over high heat. Cook until vinegar has reduced to a syrup-like consistency, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- When beets are fully cooked, pour glaze over top and sprinkle with freshly grated orange zest.