Makes 4 servings.
Approximate cooking time: 45-60 minutes
- 5-6 beets (about 3"-4" each)
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup (Grade B recommended)
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 325℉.
- Wash beets and slice into quarters. Cut each quarter into 1/4" slices.
- Put beets on baking sheet. Add olive oil, sea salt and pepper and mix together completely. Spread beets out again on baking sheet.
- Roast for 25 to 45 minutes, checking often. Remove from oven when slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar and maple syrup in a small pan over high heat. Cook until vinegar has reduced to a syrup-like consistency, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- When beets are fully cooked, pour glaze over top and sprinkle with freshly grated orange zest.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.