Recipe compliments of Martha Stewart Whole Living.
Approximate Cook Time: 30 minutes
|1||cup(s)||cashews, raw, soaked overnight and thoroughly drained|
|2||teaspoon(s)||maple syrup, to taste|
|1||whole||vanilla bean(s), split and scraped|
|3/4||cup(s)||coconut, unsweetened shredded|
|4||medium||banana(s), ripe but firm|
- Coarsely chop pecans and salt in a food processor.
- Add dates and pulse until thoroughly combined (15-20 seconds).
- Add syrup and pulse just until combined (mixture should just barely stick together).
- Press nut mixture firmly and evenly into a 9 inch pie plate. Set aside.
- To make filling, grind nuts to a coarse paste in a blender.
- Add water, syrup and vanilla scrapings, and blend until smooth, about 5 minutes (scraping sides as needed). Mixture should be the consistency of thick pancake batter.
- Set aside 2 tablspoons coconut; add remainder to blender, and process to combine. Pour into prepared shell, spreading evenly.
- Thinly slice bananas crosswise and arrange in slightly overlapping rows, beginning at edge of tart.
- Sprinkle with reserved coconut; serve immediately.