Recipe compliments of Martha Stewart Whole Living.
Makes 1 tart.
Approximate cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups whole pecans
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight and thoroughly drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbs, plus 2 tsp pure maple syrup, and more to taste if needed
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3-4 bananas, ripe but firm
- Coarsely chop pecans and salt in a food processor.
- Add dates and pulse until thoroughly combined (15-20 seconds).
- Add syrup and pulse just until combined (mixture should just barely stick together).
- Press nut mixture firmly and evenly into a 9" pie plate. Set aside.
- To make filling, grind nuts to a coarse paste in a blender.
- Add water, syrup and vanilla scrapings, and blend until smooth, about 5 minutes (scraping sides as needed). Mixture should be the consistency of thick pancake batter.
- Set aside 2 Tbs coconut; add remainder to blender, and process to combine. Pour into prepared shell, spreading evenly.
- Thinly slice bananas crosswise and arrange in slightly overlapping rows, beginning at edge of tart.
- Sprinkle with reserved coconut; serve immediately.