Recipe compliments of Martha Stewart Whole Living.
Approximate Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 11/2 cup(s) pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 11/2 cup(s) dates, pitted
- 2 teaspoon(s) maple syrup
- 1 cup(s) cashews, raw, soaked overnight and thoroughly drained
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon(s) maple syrup, to taste
- 1 whole vanilla bean(s), split and scraped
- 3/4 cup(s) coconut, unsweetened shredded
- 4 medium banana(s), ripe but firm
- Coarsely chop pecans and salt in a food processor.
- Add dates and pulse until thoroughly combined (15-20 seconds).
- Add syrup and pulse just until combined (mixture should just barely stick together).
- Press nut mixture firmly and evenly into a 9 inch pie plate. Set aside.
- To make filling, grind nuts to a coarse paste in a blender.
- Add water, syrup and vanilla scrapings, and blend until smooth, about 5 minutes (scraping sides as needed). Mixture should be the consistency of thick pancake batter.
- Set aside 2 tablspoons coconut; add remainder to blender, and process to combine. Pour into prepared shell, spreading evenly.
- Thinly slice bananas crosswise and arrange in slightly overlapping rows, beginning at edge of tart.
- Sprinkle with reserved coconut; serve immediately.