This recipe makes a great side salad for two adults, or add a grilled chicken breast to each salad to make lunch or dinner for two.
Approximate cooking time: 10 minutes without chicken, 15-20 minutes with chicken
- 2 large oranges, segmented
- 1 large ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 3 handfuls spinach, arugula or watercress
- olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper
- 2 (4-6 oz) grilled chicken breasts, sliced (optional, if served by itself)
- Prepare both oranges by cutting off the rind and outer membrane and slicing out the wedges of fruit between the segments. Do this over a bowl and set the remaining juice aside.
- Divide the greens up between two plates, and top with oranges, avocados and cashews.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and any juice left over from the oranges. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Add grilled chicken breast slices on top (optional, if served by itself).