Recipe makes 2 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 25 minutes
|1||pound(s)||salmon, (skinless, with bones removed)|
|1||medium||jalapeno pepper(s), minced|
|4||tablespoon(s)||cilantro, fresh, chopped|
|1/2||medium||onion(s), red, minced (about 1/2 cup)|
|1||tablespoon(s)||olive oil, to taste|
|1||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, to taste|
- Check salmon carefully to be sure all bones have been removed. Chop into a fine dice and set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Mix in coconut flour, salt and pepper.
- Mince jalapeno and add to the egg mixture. Add the salmon and combine completely.
- Warm a skillet over medium-high heat, and add coconut oil when pan is hot.
- Test the pan to be sure it is hot by dropping a tiny portion of salmon mixture in the pan-- it should sizzle immediately.
- Add the salmon mixture to the coconut oil in small (3 inch) cakes and fry until they are golden brown on the outside, and cooked pink on the inside (a minute or two on each side). Let the cakes rest on paper towels when taken out of the pan to absorb any extra coconut oil.
- Meanwhile, prepare salsa by combining diced mango, red onion and cilantro in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and add sea salt to taste. Serve on top of salmon cakes.