Recipe makes 4 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half length-wise with a large knife or cleaver.
- Place cut side down in a shallow baking dish. Add 3/4 inch of water to the dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or so, until the squash is soft to the touch.
- Meanwhile, add the slivered almonds to a small saute pan over medium-low heat. ? Stir constantly until they turn golden brown. Note: the almonds will burn quickly if not stirred, or if left unattended! Set aside.
- When squash is done cooking, remove it from the oven and cool until it can be comfortably handled.
- Turn the cut side up, and remove from the rind with a fork. This should be done cross-wise, so the strands of squash fall out like spaghetti.
- Toss the spaghetti squash strands in coconut oil, ground chipotle, nutmeg and sea salt, and top with toasted almonds. Great warm or cold.