Makes a dinner side dish for two adults, with leftovers for lunch or a snack.
Approximate cooking time: 60 minutes
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 - 1 tsp ground chipotle
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half length-wise with a large knife or cleaver.
- Place cut side down in a shallow baking dish. Add 3/4" of water to the dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or so, until the squash is soft to the touch.
- Meanwhile, add the slivered almonds to a small saute pan over medium-low heat. Stir constantly until they turn golden brown. Note: the almonds will burn quickly if not stirred, or if left unattended! Set aside.
- When squash is done cooking, remove it from the oven and cool until it can be comfortably handled.
- Turn the cut side up, and remove from the rind with a fork. This should be done cross-wise, so the strands of squash fall out like spaghetti.
- Toss the spaghetti squash strands in coconut oil, ground chipotle, nutmeg and sea salt, and top with toasted almonds. Great warm or cold.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.