Despite having read up on paleo and believing in it yourself, you probably get a lot of questions about your diet. When people notice you passing on the bun, opting for the salad or studying food labels, they might want to know why. When they notice you looking and feeling better than ever, they’re really going to want to know how you did it.
Handing them a book is fine, but chances are they won’t read it. Take your opportunities when they come to let your friends and family in on your newfound paleo goldmine. Below is a Paleolithic diet elevator speech of sorts. Remember these points and you’ll probably pique a few people’s interest (and maybe change their lives).
• For 2.5 million years we evolved as hunter-gatherers eating meat, fish, eggs, veggies, fruits and nuts until 10,000 years ago when agriculture came along and gave us grains, beans, dairy, vegetable oils and refined sugars.
• Those foods cause digestive problems and chronic inflammation, and they lead to obesity, diabetes and heart disease, among other things.
• With a few exceptions, we still have the same genetic make-up as those hunter-gatherers. Our bodies don’t handle the agricultural foods well.
• By not eating the agricultural foods, you get to go back to your roots, eating the foods you’re designed to eat. People on this diet see major improvements in their health. They lose weight, gain muscle, feel more energetic and stop taking all kinds of medications because their blood pressure improves, blood sugar normalizes and inflammation of all kinds subsides.
• Humans have the ability to subsist on foods that aren’t optimal for health, which is what we’ve been doing for the last 10,000 years. If we want to actually thrive, the Paleolithic diet is the way to eat.
• And no, hunter-gatherers didn’t just live until they were 30 and die brutal deaths. They’ve been known to live for a hundred years or more, free of the modern, chronic diseases we die of now.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.