Use this version of whipped cream on fresh sliced fruit or berries, or as a topping for another Paleo Plan dessert.
Makes about 1 cup.
Approximate cooking time: 10 minutes (plus at least 2 hours refrigeration)
- 1 (403mL) can organic full fat coconut milk
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon or freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- Refrigerate can of coconut milk for at least 2 hours (best if refrigerated over night).
- Open the can and scoop out thickened coconut cream on top into a medium bowl. Drink the coconut water at the bottom, or save it for a smoothie.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla if desired, and whip coconut cream with a wire whisk until it begins to thicken.