This condiment is excellent on chicken, fish, spaghetti squash, or as a tomato sauce substitute on Paleo pizzas. Make a double batch and freeze some for later use.
Makes about 3/4 cup.
Approximate cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4-1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds, cashews, slivered almonds or pine nuts
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- Add all ingredients to a small food processor or blender.
- Blend until a smooth paste forms. Add more olive oil, or a small amount of water if needed for desired consistency.
- May be frozen for later use.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.