If you’re looking for a great Paleo Beef and Vegetable Chili recipe, you’ve found it! This chili recipe brings together the Mexican flavors of chipotle, jalapeno, oregano and and chili peppers to create a flavorful and mouth-watering Paleo chili recipe that will quickly become one of your favorites. Go ahead a make a huge batch and freeze the leftovers…this Paleo chili tastes great when re-heated! It’s also a fantastic and hearty meal to serve to your guests for lunch or dinner. Serve with our Paleo Plantain Tortillas recipe on the side and you’ve got an epic Paleo meal! If you’re looking for a more basic chili recipe, try our Just Plain Chili recipe. For even more delicious Paleo chili recipes and other FREE Paleo recipes, visit the PaleoPlan recipe center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Beef and Vegetable Chili
Total Time: 90 minutes
Cook Time: 90 minutes
- 2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 1 large onion(s), yellow diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) chipotle, ground
- 2 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic salt
- 2 pound(s) beef - stew meat cut into 1inch x1inch cubes
- 2 can(s) tomatoes, diced (28 oz)
- 2 can(s) green chilis (4 oz) diced
- 1/2 can(s) jalapenos (4 oz) diced (may add more if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) thyme, dried
- 1 whole bay leaf(s)
- 8 medium mushroom(s), white button sliced
- 2 medium carrot(s) sliced
- 2 medium zucchini diced
- 1 medium zucchini, yellow diced
- 1 large bell pepper(s), red diced
- 5 large kale leaves shredded
- 1 tablespoon(s) cilantro, fresh for garnish
- 1 medium onion(s), green for garnish
- 1 can(s) coconut milk, full fat (403 mL) (placed in the fridge for a few hours)
- Heat large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add coconut oil and onion to pot and brown slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine chili powder, sea salt, cumin and garlic salt in a large dish. Roll raw beef stew meat in the mixture to coat on all sides.
- When onions have browned slightly, add beef and brown on all sides.
- Add the diced tomatoes. Fill the empty can with water and add to the pot. Add green chilis, jalepenos, chipotle peppers, mushrooms, carrots, oregano, thyme and bay leaf. Turn heat down to medium and cook for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add zucchini and red pepper, and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Add kale and finish cooking for 10 more minutes. Season with sea salt if desired.
- Serve with sliced green onions, fresh cilantro and a dollop of thickened coconut milk from the top of the can.
Photo courtesy: Garrett Gregor