This Egg-Free, Grain-Free Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins recipe uses zucchini, flax seeds, almond flour, coconut flour and tapioca flour combined to make a moist, delicious Paleo baked good that’s perfect for grabbing in the morning. If you’d like it a little less sweet, you can easily modify the recipe to use carrots instead of the dates if you prefer, along with additional spices like ginger and cloves. A BIG thanks to our awesome PaleoPlan meal plan member Cat for submitting this recipe, we think it’s a winner! Visit the PaleoPlan recipe center for even more Paleo baked goods recipes and inspirations.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Egg-Free, Grain-Free Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins
Total Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoon(s) flax seeds, ground
- 6 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 cup(s) almond flour
- 1/2 cup(s) coconut flour
- 1/2 cup(s) tapioca flour or starch
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon(s) allspice
- 1 cup(s) dates, pitted
- 2 cup(s) pumpkin puree, organic
- 1 teaspoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) coconut oil
- 1/2 package(s) berries, frozen (10 oz)
- 3/4 medium zucchini grated, 3/4 cup for 6 servings
- 3/4 cup(s) almonds or walnuts, sliced
- 1 package(s) paper muffin liners
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine flax meal and water and let sit for 5 minutes, or until it forms a gooey, gel-like consistency.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon and allspice in large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine dates, pumpkin, flax meal mixture, apple cider vinegar and coconut oil in food processor until dates are roughly chopped. Fold into dry ingredients.
- Fold berries, zucchini and nuts into batter.
- Spoon into paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Muffins will still be very moist, even gooey on the inside. If muffins are too moist, turn off oven and continue to "bake" until oven has cooled. Cover with foil if tops of muffins are too brown.