Recipe and photos submitted by Ruth Stewart
Recipe makes 2 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 20 minutes
|2||tablespoon(s)||coconut oil, or olive oil|
|3/4||pound(s)||squid (steak(s) or piece(s))|
|1/8||medium||poblano pepper(s), chopped, about 4 tsp|
|1||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
|1/4||cup(s)||basil, fresh, chopped (add more for garnish if desired)|
|1||can(s)||tomatoes, fire roasted diced (15 oz)|
|1||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (optional)|
|1||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
- Heat oil in a medium saute pan over medium-high heat.
- When pan is hot, add poblano peppers and garlic, and saute briefly (2-3 minutes).
- Add tomatoes and basil, and simmer 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat a clean pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tsp olive or coconut oil.
- Meanwhile, season both sides of each squid steak with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper if desired (or toss pieces in mixture).
- When the pan is hot, add squid and cook briefly until warm (1 minute per side). DO NOT overcook or it will become very tough and chewy.
- Place each squid steak on a plate and top with tomato mixture. Garnish with basil leaves if desired.