Approximate Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil, or olive oil
- 1 medium onion(s), yellow, diced
- 2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 medium carrot(s), chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper, freshly ground, divided
- 2 pound(s) chicken thighs, boneless, skinless (4 oz)
- 4 cup(s) broth, (chicken, vegetable, beef, or bone broth are all fine)
- 6 cup(s) water
- 1 whole bay leaf(s)
- 2 ounce(s) jalapeno pepper(s), canned and diced
- 1 large yam(s), diced
- 1 bunch(es) chard, chopped (or kale or any green you love)
- 1 bunch(es) onion(s), green, sliced (whites and greens)
- 1 medium lemon(s), juiced
- Heat large pot over medium-high heat. When hot, add oil, onion, garlic, carrot, thyme, and oregano, and saute until onion is softened and slightly translucent (about 10 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, mix 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a medium bowl. Cut chicken thighs into 1" cubes and toss in sea salt and black pepper mixture.
- Add chicken to pot and continue to cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium, add broth, water, bay leaf, jalapenos, yam, chard, and green onions and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, season with remaining sea salt, black pepper, and fresh lemon juice.