Recipe makes 6 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 60 minutes
|2||tablespoon(s)||coconut oil, or olive oil|
|1||medium||onion(s), yellow, diced|
|2||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
|1||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, divided|
|1/2||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground, divided|
|2||pound(s)||chicken thighs, boneless, skinless|
|4||cup(s)||broth, (chicken, vegetable, beef, or bone broth are all fine)|
|1/2||can(s)||jalapenos (4 oz), diced|
|1||bunch(es)||chard, chopped (or kale or any green you love)|
|7||medium||onion(s), green, sliced (whites and greens)|
- Heat large pot over medium-high heat. When hot, add oil, onion, garlic, carrot, thyme, and oregano, and saute until onion is softened and slightly translucent (about 10 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, mix 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a medium bowl. Cut chicken thighs into 1" cubes and toss in sea salt and black pepper mixture.
- Add chicken to pot and continue to cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium, add broth, water, bay leaf, jalapenos, yam, chard, and green onions and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, season with remaining sea salt, black pepper, and fresh lemon juice.