Makes 2 servings.
Approximate cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 tsp coconut or olive oil
- 6 white button or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4-6 large basil leaves, thinly sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste (optional)
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add oil when pan is hot.
- Add mushrooms and garlic, and sauté (stirring frequently) until mushrooms begin to soften (about 8 minutes).
- Add red pepper and zucchini, and continue to cook until vegetables soften slightly.
- Remove from heat, add lemon juice, basil, sea salt (if desired) and black pepper. Toss mixture and serve hot.