Approximate Cook Time: 30 minutes
|1||pound(s)||chicken breast(s), boneless, skinless, diced|
|1/2||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (optional)|
|2||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
|1||bunch(es)||kale, removed from woody stems|
|1||medium||bell pepper(s), red, diced|
|1/2||cup(s)||almonds, slivered, lightly toasted|
- Combine chicken, cumin, chili powder, sea salt (if desired), and garlic in a medium bowl until chicken is fully coated.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil.
- When pan is hot, add chicken (it should sizzle). Brown the chicken and stir occasionally (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add kale leaves and red pepper. Stir and continue to cook until chicken is 165 F, and vegetables are slightly tender (about 5 more minutes).
- Serve hot, topped with toasted almonds.