Makes dinner for two, with leftovers for lunch.
Approximate cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 bunch kale, removed from woody stems
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- Combine chicken, cumin, chili powder, sea salt (if desired), and garlic in a medium bowl until chicken is fully coated.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil.
- When pan is hot, add chicken (it should sizzle). Brown the chicken and stir occasionally (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add kale leaves and red pepper. Stir and continue to cook until chicken is 165° F, and vegetables are slightly tender (about 5 more minutes).
- Serve hot, topped with toasted almonds.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.