This quick and tasty Paleo casserole recipe combines sautéed chicken, eggs and vegetables together with Tex-Mex spices like cumin and chili powder. This Paleo recipe can easily be modified to be vegetarian by leaving out the chicken. You could also replace the chicken with steak, turkey, sausage, lamb, or any type of meat of your choice. Feel free to add other spices like chipotle seasoning to your taste as well. If you enjoyed this Tex-Mex Breakfast Scramble recipe, try our Chicken Stir-Fry Breakfast recipe next time. For more FREE Paleo breakfast recipes (and to check out our hundreds of other FREE Paleo recipes) visit our PaleoPlan recipe center.
|1||tablespoon(s)||coconut oil, for cooking chicken|
|3/4||pound(s)||chicken breasts, boneless, skinless|
|1||teaspoon(s)||coconut oil, or tallow, lard, or bacon drippings|
|1/2||teaspoon(s)||chili powder, (or ground chipotle)|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (optional)|
|1/4||medium||onion(s), red, diced|
|1||medium||bell pepper(s), green, diced|
|1||medium||jalapeno pepper(s), diced (optional)|
|1/4||cup(s)||cilantro, fresh, chopped|
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add 1 TB coconut oil or other cooking oil of your choice when hot. Season chicken breasts with sea salt and pepper if desired and sauté for 10-15 minutes, turning once or twice until fully cooked. Chop into bite-size pieces.
- Heat coconut oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, break eggs into a small bowl. Add cumin, chili powder, sea salt, and water. Scramble with a fork until fully combined.
- Add onions, bell peppers, and jalapeno to the hot skillet. Saute 3-5 minutes, or until slightly softened.
- Add eggs and pre-cooked chicken, and cook while continuously stirring until eggs are light and fluffy.
- Remove from heat. Stir in tomatoes, and top with fresh cilantro to serve.