Makes a hearty breakfast for two.
Approximate cooking time: 20 minutes (cook and dice chicken breasts ahead of time)
- 1 tsp coconut oil, tallow, lard, or bacon drippings
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (or ground chipotle)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1 Tbs water
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (optional)
- 12 oz chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat coconut oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, break eggs into a small bowl. Add cumin, chili powder, sea salt, and water. Scramble with a fork until fully combined.
- Add onions, bell peppers, and jalapeno to the hot skillet. Saute 3-5 minutes, or until slightly softened.
- Add eggs and chicken, and cook while continuously stirring until eggs are light and fluffy.
- Remove from heat. Stir in tomatoes, and top with fresh cilantro to serve.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.