One of the things I missed the most when I went on the Paleo diet was pasta with Alfredo sauce. While I’ve had to say goodbye to grain-based pastas and dairy altogether, there are some tasty Paleo substitutions for my old favorites. Paleo pasta can be easily made from spaghetti squash or by cutting zucchini squash into ribbons using a vegetable spiralizer, a julienne or a vegetable peeler. This vegan and Paleo Alfredo Sauce recipe uses cashews to achieve a creamy consistency while garlic and nutritional yeast instill familiar Alfredo flavors. If you like our Paleo “Alfredo” Sauce recipe, try our Paleo Chicken Alfredo recipe next time. For more FREE and delicious Paleo recipes, visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Paleo “Alfredo” Sauce
Total Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup(s) cashews, raw
- 11/2 cup(s) water, boiling
- 2 tablespoon(s) yeast, nutritional
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) white pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste (optional)
- Add cashews to blender. Cover with boiling water and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and puree. Add additional water or salt if needed.