Approximate Cook Time: 25 minutes
Passive Time: 1 hour (marinades, etc.)
- 1 pound(s) shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 tablespoon(s) red curry paste, (Thai Kitchen recommended)
- 1 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) ginger, fresh, grated
- 1 teaspoon(s) fish sauce, (optional, look for one without sugar added)
- 1 medium lime(s), juiced, divided
- 1/2 can(s) coconut milk, full fat (403 mL)
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- wooden skewers, (optional)
- 10 leave(s) basil, fresh
- In a shallow bowl, combine shrimp, red curry paste, garlic, ginger, fish sauce (optional) and 1/2 of the lime juice. Refrigerate and let marinate for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Meanwhile, add the coconut milk to a blender and whip for 1 minute. Remove to a container and refrigerate for later use. NOTE: You will only use about half of this, so save the remaining to drizzle on fruit and almond butter for snacks, or in another meal.
- Shortly before meal time, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil when hot.
- Add shrimp, and saute a few minutes until bright pink.
- Remove shrimp from pan. Either wrap each shrimp in a large basil leaf and thread onto wooden skewers, or simply chop the basil and sprinkle over shrimp.
- Sprinkle with remaining lime juice and drizzle with whipped coconut milk. Serve hot or room temperature.