Approximate Cook Time: 25 minutes
Passive Time: 1 hour (marinades, etc.)
|1||pound(s)||shrimp, peeled and de-veined|
|2||tablespoon(s)||red curry paste, (Thai Kitchen recommended)|
|1||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
|1||teaspoon(s)||ginger, fresh, grated|
|1||teaspoon(s)||fish sauce, (optional, look for one without sugar added)|
|1||medium||lime(s), juiced, divided|
|1/2||can(s)||coconut milk, full fat (403 mL)|
|wooden skewers, (optional)|
- In a shallow bowl, combine shrimp, red curry paste, garlic, ginger, fish sauce (optional) and 1/2 of the lime juice. Refrigerate and let marinate for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Meanwhile, add the coconut milk to a blender and whip for 1 minute. Remove to a container and refrigerate for later use. NOTE: You will only use about half of this, so save the remaining to drizzle on fruit and almond butter for snacks, or in another meal.
- Shortly before meal time, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil when hot.
- Add shrimp, and saute a few minutes until bright pink.
- Remove shrimp from pan. Either wrap each shrimp in a large basil leaf and thread onto wooden skewers, or simply chop the basil and sprinkle over shrimp.
- Sprinkle with remaining lime juice and drizzle with whipped coconut milk. Serve hot or room temperature.