Makes dinner for two.
Approximate cooking time: 25 minutes, plus 1 hour for marinade
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 Tbs red curry paste (Thai Kitchen recommended)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 tsp fish sauce (optional, look for one without sugar added)
- juice from 1 lime, divided
- 1 (14 oz) can full fat organic coconut milk (see note above, only 1/2 can needed)
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- wooden skewers (optional)
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves
- In a shallow bowl, combine shrimp, red curry paste, garlic, ginger, fish sauce (optional) and 1/2 of the lime juice. Refrigerate and let marinate for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Meanwhile, add the coconut milk to a blender and whip for 1 minute. Remove to a container and refrigerate for later use. NOTE: You will only use about half of this, so save the remaining to drizzle on fruit and almond butter for snacks, or in another meal.
- Shortly before meal time, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil when hot.
- Add shrimp, and saute a few minutes until bright pink.
- Remove shrimp from pan. Either wrap each shrimp in a large basil leaf and thread onto wooden skewers, or simply chop the basil and sprinkle over shrimp.
- Sprinkle with remaining lime juice and drizzle with whipped coconut milk. Serve hot or room temperature.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.