Recipe makes 2 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 15 minutes
|1||teaspoon(s)||coconut oil, or lard, or tallow|
|1/4||pound(s)||asparagus, washed and cut into 1-2 inch pieces|
|1||medium||bell pepper(s), red, sliced|
|1||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
|1/2||pound(s)||chicken breast(s), boneless, skinless|
|1/2||cup(s)||olives, sliced; (optional, Castelveltrano recommended)|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (optional)|
|1||tablespoon(s)||coconut oil, for cooking chicken|
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add 1 TB coconut oil or other cooking oil when hot. Season chicken with salt and pepper, if desired. Saute for 10-15 minutes turning once or twice until fully cooked. Dice chicken and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and water together. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil when pan is hot.
- Add asparagus, red pepper, and garlic, and sauté for 5 minutes, or until slightly tender.
- Add chicken, eggs, and olives (if desired). Stirring constantly, cook until vegetables are slightly tender, eggs are cooked, and chicken is heated through.
- Season with sea salt (if desired), and top with almonds and avocado to serve.