This wonderful chicken breakfast scramble is given a Mediterranean twist with the addition of bell peppers, asparagus and olives.
Our Chicken Stir-Fry Breakfast recipe is also open to a number of different variations according to your preference. For example, you could try it with zucchini, mushrooms and kale in place of the asparagus.
Different types of sausage also combine very well with these ingredients, and can be used instead of the chicken breasts. Likewise, chicken thighs also work nicely in this recipe, with the added bonus of good fats from the darker meat.
Any way you slice, it this Chicken Stir-Fry Breakfast recipe is downright delicious! This chicken stir-fry breakfast recipe makes enough breakfast for two people with an aproximate cooking time of 15 minutes.
If you enjoyed this recipe, try our Ham Stir-Fry Breakfast recipe next time.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Chicken Stir-Fry Breakfast
Total Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 large egg(s)
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) coconut oil or lard, or tallow
- 1/4 pound(s) asparagus washed and cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 medium bell pepper(s) red, sliced
- 1 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 1/2 pound(s) chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup(s) olives sliced (optional, Castelveltrano recommended)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup(s) almonds slivered
- 1/2 medium avocado(s) sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil for cooking chicken
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add 1 TB coconut oil or other cooking oil when hot. Season chicken with salt and pepper, if desired. Saute for 10-15 minutes turning once or twice until fully cooked. Dice chicken and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and water together. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil when pan is hot.
- Add asparagus, red pepper, and garlic, and sauté for 5 minutes, or until slightly tender.
- Add chicken, eggs, and olives (if desired). Stirring constantly, cook until vegetables are slightly tender, eggs are cooked, and chicken is heated through.
- Season with sea salt (if desired), and top with almonds and avocado to serve.