Makes breakfast for two.
Approximate cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 lb boneless beef steak, sliced into 1/4-1/2" pieces
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 2 tsp coconut oil, lard, or tallow, divided
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 handful spinach or arugula
- 2 eggs
- Season sliced steak with sea salt (optional) and black pepper.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tsp coconut oil, onions, mushrooms, and steak when pan is hot, and saute until steak is slightly cooked.
- Add red bell pepper and spinach, and cook until steak is done to your liking.
- Meanwhile, heat a small fry pan over medium heat. Add remaining coconut oil, and fry two eggs.
- Divide steak and vegetables on two plates. Top each with a fried egg to serve.