Steak and eggs is a classic breakfast dish. Here this traditional combination is made more nutritious with the addition of onions, mushrooms, peppers, and greens sautéed in coconut oil. It’s a filling recipe that is sure keep you satisfied until lunch.
|1/2||pound(s)||beef - steak(s), boneless, sliced into 1/4-1/2 inch pieces|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (optional)|
|2||teaspoon(s)||coconut oil, lard, or tallow, divided|
|1/4||medium||onion(s), yellow, diced|
|4||medium||mushroom(s), white button, sliced|
|1||medium||bell pepper(s), red, diced|
|1||cup(s)||spinach, or arugula|
- Season sliced steak with sea salt (optional) and black pepper.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add half of coconut oil, and all of onions, mushrooms, and steak when pan is hot, and saute until steak is slightly cooked.
- Add red bell pepper and spinach, and cook until steak is done to your liking.
- Meanwhile, heat a small fry pan over medium heat. Add remaining coconut oil, and fry eggs.
- Divide steak and vegetables on two plates. Top each with a fried egg to serve.