Steak and eggs is a classic breakfast dish that totally takes me back to my youth. In this steak and eggs recipe, we’ve made this traditional combination even more nutritious (and Paleo-friendly) with the addition of onions, mushrooms, peppers, and greens sautéed in coconut oil. Our Paleo Steak and Eggs recipe is a healthy and filling breakfast that is sure keep you satisfied until lunch (or longer!). If you enjoyed our Paleo Steak and Eggs recipe, then try our Sirloin Steaks with Creamy Mushrooms recipe next time. For even more delicious and FREE Paleo recipes, visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center.
|1/2||pound(s)||beef - steak(s), boneless, sliced into 1/4-1/2 inch pieces|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (optional)|
|2||teaspoon(s)||coconut oil, lard, or tallow, divided|
|1/4||medium||onion(s), yellow, diced|
|4||medium||mushroom(s), white button, sliced|
|1||medium||bell pepper(s), red, diced|
|1||cup(s)||spinach, or arugula|
- Season sliced steak with sea salt (optional) and black pepper.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add half of coconut oil, and all of onions, mushrooms, and steak when pan is hot, and saute until steak is slightly cooked.
- Add red bell pepper and spinach, and cook until steak is done to your liking.
- Meanwhile, heat a small fry pan over medium heat. Add remaining coconut oil, and fry eggs.
- Divide steak and vegetables on two plates. Top each with a fried egg to serve.