Makes breakfast for two.
Approximate cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small sweet potato, diced into 1/4" cubes
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 1/2 lb ham, diced
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, diced
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. When pan is hot, add coconut oil.
- Add onions, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, and thyme.
- Stirring frequently, cook until sweet potatoes are tender but firm (about 12-15 minutes).
- Add small amounts of water (a few drops) to the pan and cover for a few minutes at a time in order to hasten the sweet potatoes' cooking time.
- Toss in ham until heated through.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper, if desired, and top with avocado to serve.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.