Makes breakfast for two.
Approximate cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small sweet potato, diced into 1/4" cubes
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 1/2 lb ham, diced
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, diced
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. When pan is hot, add coconut oil.
- Add onions, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, and thyme.
- Stirring frequently, cook until sweet potatoes are tender but firm (about 12-15 minutes).
- Add small amounts of water (a few drops) to the pan and cover for a few minutes at a time in order to hasten the sweet potatoes' cooking time.
- Toss in ham until heated through.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper, if desired, and top with avocado to serve.