This Paleo Ham Stir-Fry Breakfast recipe combines ham, sweet potatoes, and mushrooms together and then tops them with diced avocado for a delicious and delightfully textured morning meal. You can also replace the avocado with a couple of scrambled eggs if you desire, or add some hot chili powder to heat things up with some spice. This meal tastes just as great later in the day as it does for breakfast, so don’t be afraid to make it for a healthy Paleo lunch or dinner! If you enjoyed this Ham Stir-Fry Breakfast recipe, try our Bacon Stir-Fry Breakfast recipe next time. For more FREE Paleo breakfast recipes, visit our PaleoPlan recipe center!
|1/4||medium||onion(s), yellow, diced|
|4||medium||mushroom(s), white button, sliced|
|1||small||sweet potato(es), diced into 1/4 inch cubes|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground to taste|
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. When pan is hot, add coconut oil.
- Add onions, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, and thyme.
- Stirring frequently, cook until sweet potatoes are tender but firm (about 12-15 minutes).
- Add small amounts of water (a few drops) to the pan and cover for a few minutes at a time in order to hasten the sweet potatoes' cooking time.
- Toss in ham until heated through.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper, if desired, and top with avocado to serve.