Lamb and Spaghetti Squash
Number of servings 4
Approximate cooking time: 60 minutes
Nutritional information provided to Paleo Plan
members only. Login to see them, or sign up.
|1 ||medium ||spaghetti squash|
|1 ||pound(s) ||lamb, ground, elk, or bison|
|1/8 ||pound(s) ||liver, ground, (optional, or just puree it yourself in a food processor)|
|1/2 ||medium ||onion(s), yellow, diced|
|1/2 ||teaspoon(s) ||sea salt, (optional)|
|1/2 ||teaspoon(s) ||garlic, granulated|
|1/4 ||teaspoon(s) ||oregano, dried|
|8 ||medium ||mushroom(s), white button or cremini, sliced|
|2 ||tablespoon(s) ||coconut oil|
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half length-wise with a large knife or cleaver.
- Place cut side down in a shallow baking dish. Add 3/4" of water to the dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or so, until the squash is soft to the touch.
- After about 30 minutes of baking, heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add lamb, liver, onions, sea salt, granulated garlic, and oregano, and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add mushrooms and continue to cook until lamb is fully done (10-12 minutes). Set aside.
- When squash is done cooking, remove it from the oven and cool until it can be comfortably handled.
- Turn the cut side up, and remove from the rind with a fork. This should be done cross-wise, so the strands of squash fall out like spaghetti.
- Spoon lamb mixture over spaghetti squash to serve. We strongly recommend adding Paleo Pesto or Mojo Verde.