- 1 small or medium spaghetti squash
- 1 lb ground lamb, elk, or bison
- 1/8 lb ground liver (optional, or just puree it yourself in a food processor)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 8 medium white button or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half length-wise with a large knife or cleaver.
- Place cut side down in a shallow baking dish. Add 3/4" of water to the dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or so, until the squash is soft to the touch.
- After about 30 minutes of baking, heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add lamb, liver, onions, sea salt, granulated garlic, and oregano, and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add mushrooms and continue to cook until lamb is fully done (10-12 minutes). Set aside.
- When squash is done cooking, remove it from the oven and cool until it can be comfortably handled.
- Turn the cut side up, and remove from the rind with a fork. This should be done cross-wise, so the strands of squash fall out like spaghetti.
- Spoon lamb mixture over spaghetti squash to serve. We strongly recommend adding Paleo Pesto or Mojo Verde.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.