This Paleo Lamb and Spaghetti Squash recipe tastes even more excellent when topped with our Paleo Pesto or Mojo Verde. Spaghetti squash makes a healthy Paleo pasta that, when paired with lamb, is an exquisite and healthy version of traditional (and less healthy) spaghetti recipes. The liver in this recipe is optional, but we recommend you leave it in there, as organ meats are some of the best superfoods on the planet! The recipe is a great way to help transition your taste buds to the more intense flavors of offal as well. If you enjoyed this Lamb and Spaghetti Squash recipe, try our Lamb Ragu recipe next time. For more delicious Paleo lamb recipes (and hundreds of other FREE Paleo recipes), please visit our Paleo Plan recipe center!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Lamb and Spaghetti Squash
Total Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 pound(s) lamb, ground elk, or bison
- 1/8 pound(s) liver, ground (optional, or just puree it yourself in a food processor)
- 1/2 medium onion(s), yellow diced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic, granulated
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) oregano, dried
- 8 medium mushroom(s), white button or cremini sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half length-wise with a large knife or cleaver.
- Place cut side down in a shallow baking dish. Add 3/4" of water to the dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or so, until the squash is soft to the touch.
- After about 30 minutes of baking, heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add lamb, liver, onions, sea salt, granulated garlic, and oregano, and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add mushrooms and continue to cook until lamb is fully done (10-12 minutes). Set aside.
- When squash is done cooking, remove it from the oven and cool until it can be comfortably handled.
- Turn the cut side up, and remove from the rind with a fork. This should be done cross-wise, so the strands of squash fall out like spaghetti.
- Spoon lamb mixture over spaghetti squash to serve. We strongly recommend adding Paleo Pesto or Mojo Verde.