An easy, savory meal with creamy leeks and a bit of spice.
Recipe makes 4 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 45 minutes
|3||medium||leek(s), chopped (whites and light green sections)|
|1||pound(s)||pork sausage, ground, seasoned|
|1||can(s)||tomatoes, fire-roasted crushed (28 oz)|
|1/2||teaspoon(s)||red pepper flakes, (optional)|
|1||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (or to taste)|
|1||head(s)||cauliflower, (florets only)|
- Heat a 3-4 quart pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add oil and leeks, and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add ground sausage and cook, stirring frequently, until meat is done.
- Add tomatoes, Italian seasoning, granulated garlic, lemon and red pepper flakes (optional). Simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, microwave the cauliflower for 5 minutes (or roast at 450 F for 20 minutes), and pulse in a food processor until a rice-like consistency is formed.
- Season the sausage and tomato sauce with sea salt to taste, and serve over the cauliflower.