An easy, savory meal with creamy leeks and a bit of spice. Makes dinner for two, with leftovers for lunch.
Approximate cooking time: 45 minutes
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 3 medium leeks, chopped (whites and light green sections)
- 1 lb ground, seasoned sausage
- 1 (28 oz) can fired-roasted, crushed tomatoes
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tbs Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 head cauliflower (florets only)
- Heat a 3-4 quart pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add oil and leeks, and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add ground sausage and cook, stirring frequently, until meat is done.
- Add tomatoes, Italian seasoning, granulated garlic, lemon and red pepper flakes (optional). Simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, microwave the cauliflower for 5 minutes (or roast at 450 F for 20 minutes), and pulse in a food processor until a rice-like consistency is formed.
- Season the sausage and tomato sauce with sea salt to taste, and serve over the cauliflower.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.