Our Sausage with Leeks and Tomatoes recipe creates an easy, savory meal with creamy leeks and a bit of spice. Any type of sausage, such as chicken, turkey, venison, or beef could also be used in this Paleo recipe. This Italian inspired meal tastes just as good for breakfast as it does for lunch or dinner, so make some extras for leftovers the next day! If you enjoyed our Sausage with Leeks and Tomatoes recipe, try our Quick and Easy Sausage and Pepper Bowl with Zucchini Noodles recipe next time. For even more delicious and FREE Paleo recipes, visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Sausage with Leeks and Tomatoes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 3 medium leek(s) chopped (whites and light green sections)
- 1 pound(s) pork sausage, ground, seasoned
- 1 can(s) tomatoes, fire-roasted crushed (28 oz)
- 1/2 medium lemon(s) juiced
- 2 tablespoon(s) Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 head(s) cauliflower (florets only)
- Heat a 3-4 quart pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add oil and leeks, and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add ground sausage and cook, stirring frequently, until meat is done.
- Add tomatoes, Italian seasoning, granulated garlic, lemon and red pepper flakes (optional). Simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, microwave the cauliflower for 5 minutes (or roast at 450 F for 20 minutes), and pulse in a food processor until a rice-like consistency is formed.
- Season the sausage and tomato sauce with sea salt to taste, and serve over the cauliflower.