An easy, savory meal with creamy leeks and a bit of spice.
Approximate Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 3 medium leek(s), chopped (whites and light green sections)
- 1 pound(s) pork sausage, ground, seasoned
- 1 can(s) tomatoes, fire-roasted crushed (28 oz)
- 1/2 medium lemon(s), juiced
- 2 tablespoon(s) Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic, granulated
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes, (optional)
- 2 teaspoon(s) sea salt, (or to taste)
- 1 head(s) cauliflower, (florets only)
- Heat a 3-4 quart pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add oil and leeks, and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add ground sausage and cook, stirring frequently, until meat is done.
- Add tomatoes, Italian seasoning, granulated garlic, lemon and red pepper flakes (optional). Simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, microwave the cauliflower for 5 minutes (or roast at 450 F for 20 minutes), and pulse in a food processor until a rice-like consistency is formed.
- Season the sausage and tomato sauce with sea salt to taste, and serve over the cauliflower.