An easy, savory meal with creamy leeks and a bit of spice. Makes dinner for two, with leftovers for lunch.
Approximate cooking time: 45 minutes
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 3 medium leeks, chopped (whites and light green sections)
- 1 lb ground, seasoned sausage
- 1 (28 oz) can fired-roasted, crushed tomatoes
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tbs Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 head cauliflower (florets only)
- Heat a 3-4 quart pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add oil and leeks, and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add ground sausage and cook, stirring frequently, until meat is done.
- Add tomatoes, Italian seasoning, granulated garlic, lemon and red pepper flakes (optional). Simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, microwave the cauliflower for 5 minutes (or roast at 450 F for 20 minutes), and pulse in a food processor until a rice-like consistency is formed.
- Season the sausage and tomato sauce with sea salt to taste, and serve over the cauliflower.