Peppery arugula replaces lettuce and toasty sunflower seeds replace bread in this non-traditional BLT.
Makes two salads.
Approximate cooking and prep time: 20 minutes
- 4 thick cut bacon slices, diced
- 2 (4 oz each) b0neless, skinless chicken thighs, diced small
- 3-4 Tbs brine from peperoncinis
- 4 handfuls (cups) arugula
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 peperoncinis, sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- Cook the diced bacon and chicken thighs over medium heat in a saute pan until fully cooked, stirring very frequently to prevent burning (about 12-15 minutes).
- Add brine to the bottom of the hot pan, and stir the browned bits into the cooked bacon and chicken. Remove from heat.
- Place arugula in a medium to large bowl. Pour the cooked bacon, chicken and drippings onto the arugula and toss to coat completely (add more brine or sea salt if desired).
- Divide the arugula into two bowls. Top with tomato, avocado, peperoncinis and sunflower seeds to serve.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.