Think you don’t like sardines? Just try them in this easy chopped salad, and you may be surprised.
Makes 2 salads.
Approximate prep time: 15 minutes
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, diced
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped,
- 1/4 cup raw sauerkraut
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 small avocados, diced
- 1 (4-6 oz) can of sardines in oil (add 1 Tbs olive oil if sardines are canned in water), chopped
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, if desired
- Add all ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and toss to combine completely. Adjust salt if desired.
- Divide into two bowls to serve.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.