Think you don’t like sardines? Just try them in this easy chopped salad, and you may be surprised.
Approximate Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 3 medium tomato(es), diced
- 1 medium summer squash(s), yellow, diced
- 1 large celery stalk(s), diced
- 1 head(s) lettuce, romaine heart(s), chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) sauerkraut, raw
- 1 cup(s) cabbage, shredded
- 2 small avocado(s), diced
- 1 can(s) sardines (4-6 oz), in oil (add 1 Tbs olive oil if sardines are canned in water), chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 medium lime(s), juiced
- 1 teaspoon(s) mustard, dijon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt, (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and toss to combine completely. Adjust salt if desired.
- Divide into two bowls to serve.