A new Paleo restaurant is coming our way next Spring
I was VERY excited, and at the same time pretty sad, to find out that Iva Paleckova of www.paleoflip.com is starting a fully Paleo restaurant in Boulder, Colorado. I was excited because I’m from Boulder and, although there are some amazing farm-to-table restaurants there already, none of them is specifically Paleo. So that’s awesome. But I was sad to find out about the restaurant because I just moved away from Boulder!! Darn it! So here’s the deal about the restaurant, called Blooming Beets.
- Blooming Beets Kitchen (www.bloomingbeets.com), is opening in Boulder, CO April 2014
- In addition to solid Paleo nutrition, this restaurant will focus on veggies and meat from local and organic farms
- they have a crowdfunding campaign going on with some cool giveaways – a restaurant cookbook, pre-bought meals, and a banquet party for contributors. They have cool stuff even for people who don’t live in Colorado – support them wherever you are!
- the crowdfunding campaign is at igg.me/at/bloomingbeets/x/
5068849 - help them pass their target so they can open in a central downtown Boulder location
Why would you support a restaurant that’s not even in your town, you may ask? Well, because the more Paleo restaurants people see succeed, the more Paleo restaurants will start popping up in your neighborhood. Right?!
So what will Blooming Beets’ menu consist of?
Here are their basic rules…
Not bad, right? Looks a little like what you have in your own kitchen I bet. I am SO EXCITED about this restaurant.
Why all the love for beets, you may be asking? Here’s what Iva herself has to say about it…
Lucky us! Iva gave me one of her delicious recipes to share with you. This is a sneak peak recipe that will actually be part of their menu!
Beet Ginger Lime Soup
- 2 15-oz cans canned beets (or 5 fresh medium peeled boiled beets)
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1-1/2 tbs lime juice
- 4 tbs coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Dice the onion and roughly mince the ginger and garlic.
2. Preheat a large skillet with coconut oil, and cook onions, ginger and garlic on high heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid burning
3. Add 1/2 cup of vegetable stock and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Add the canned beets, lime and orange juice and cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Transfer into blender and purée the mix. Add more vegetable stock if necessary, and salt and pepper according to taste.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I did. And I really hope for all of our sakes that you help support this new Paleo restaurant, as I did. Here’s the link for the crowdfunding campaign again. Supporting this one little restaurant will help push the Paleo movement forward, and a successful Paleo restaurant in Boulder might encourage someone to create a Paleo restaurant in your own neighborhood! :)
Special Sale: Paleo Plan Benefit for Matt McCabe
Matt McCabe is a friend of Paleo Plan who's been suddenly diagnosed with aggressive Multiple Sclerosis.
We're selling both of our ebooks for the heavily discounted price of $17 (normally $59) to raise money for him and his family.
100% of ALL money donated will go directly to the McCabe family.Paleo Plan eBooks - Quickstart Guide and Cleanse eBook
Benefit for Matt McCabe
Receive both ebooks with any donation over $17, and get a free year of Paleo Plan for all donations over $100 (new subscribers only). Sale through March 9th, 2014. (Not interested in paleo stuff but want to help, you can donate directly here.)