I’m very excited to present you with our third bread recipe this month! It’s Paleo Bread Month at Paleo Plan, and we’ve so far created a Paleo Herbed Focaccia and an everyday Paleo Bread. Now we’re going to spice things up a bit.
If you’re looking for an easy holiday bread that’s Paleo friendly, this pumpkin bread is perfect. Made with almond butter, arrowroot, and pure pumpkin, it’s perfectly seasoned, deliciously moist, and easy to whip up. It makes a great gift for someone living a grain-free lifestyle (or not) as well.
You can substitute any nut butter for the almond butter; just make sure it’s natural with no added sugars. One bite of this pumpkin bread and you’ll be amazed at how much this tastes just like your favorite non-Paleo version.
Paleo Pumpkin Bread
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup natural, sugar-free almond butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8.5×4.5 loaf pan lightly with coconut oil. Combine the arrowroot, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir until combined.
2. In a large bowl, combine the almond butter, eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, pumpkin, lemon juice and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until well combined. Add in the dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Pour the batter into your pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, until top is browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving.
- Calories per piece 186
- Total Fat 13.1g
- Total Carbohydrates 13.7g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g
- Sugars 8.4g
- Protein 4.7g