If you’re looking for an easy holiday bread that’s Paleo friendly, this Paleo Pumpkin Bread recipe is perfect. This dessert is filled with everything that we’ve all grown up loving—cinnamon, nutmeg and, of course, pumpkin. Made with almond butter, arrowroot, and pure pumpkin, it’s perfectly seasoned, deliciously moist, and easy to whip up. The best flour substitution is tapioca flour.
Bake an extra loaf of our Paleo Pumpkin Bread – it makes a great gift for someone living a grain-free lifestyle (or not) as well. Or bake several loaves to keep around as a snack, or serve it as a special dessert idea. You can substitute any nut butter (such as cashew butter) for the almond butter; just make sure it’s natural with no added sugars. One bite of this pumpkin bread and you’ll be amazed at how much this tastes just like your favorite non-Paleo version!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Paleo Pumpkin Bread
Total Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
saturated fat 4.1g
- 1/2 cup(s) tapioca flour or starch
- 1 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ginger, ground
- 11/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 3/4 cup(s) almond butter
- 2 large egg(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon(s) coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup(s) pumpkin puree, organic
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat an 8.5x4.5 loaf pan lightly with coconut oil. Combine tapioca flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir until combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond butter, eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, pumpkin, lemon juice and vanilla and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until well combined. Add in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, until top is browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving
- NOTE: use a high quality loaf pan or a silicone baking pan for best results