Makes about 12 brownies
Approximate cook and prep time: 40 minutes
This recipe was inspired by eatdrinkpaleo.com here
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and grated (or 1 large sweet potato baked and peeled)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey, preferably raw
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
Preheat oven to 365 degrees F.
Combine the sweet potato, eggs, vanilla, honey, and oil in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, combine the baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and coconut flour and stir. Stir this into the wet mixture until well combined.
Line an 8x8 cake pan with parchment paper. Spread the batter in the pan, and bake for 25-30 minutes. Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Be careful not to over bake!
All the brownies to cool before removing from the pan.
To make the icing, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a pan on the stove. Heat over low heat until melted and stir in the vanilla. Allow to cool completely (you can put it in the fridge for 15 minutes or so to speed up the process), and then whip with a hand mixer until fluffy. Spread over cooled brownies before slicing. Top with fresh berries for a nice touch!
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.