Approximate Prep Time: 15 minutes
Approximate Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup(s) almond flour
- 1/3 cup(s) coconut flour
- 1 cup(s) arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ginger, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg, ground
- 9 large egg(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) honey, raw, or maple syrup
- 3/4 cup(s) coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla
- 1 medium orange(s), zested
- 3 large carrot(s), grated (3 cups)
- 1 cup(s) cashews, raw, soaked for at least 4 hours
- 13/4 cup(s) coconut oil
- 1/2 cup(s) coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup(s) maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- Make The Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a 9x13 baking pan with coconut oil or leaf lard. (You can also use 2 9-inch cake pans and make a layer cake if you'd like.)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients except for the carrots. Whisk until well combined.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and stir. Fold in the carrots. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Make The Frosting
- Drain the cashews and blend in a food processor or high powered blender until creamy. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until well combined and creamy.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting and serving.