Approximate Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 1 medium onion(s), chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/4 head(s) cauliflower, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon(s) curry powder, (any mix is fine)
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth, (homemade is best)
- 3 cup(s) chicken breast(s), boneless, skinless, chopped or shredded and cooked
- 1 medium lime(s), juiced
- 1 can(s) coconut milk, full fat
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut flakes, unsweetened, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Heat a Dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat. Add the coconut oil and onion and cook until onions are soft, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cauliflower and continue cooking for 5 more minutes. Add the spices. Stir for 1 minute and add the chicken stock. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, lime juice, and coconut milk. Simmer until soup is hot. Serve topped with coconut flakes and cilantro.