Approximate Prep Time: 45 minutes
Approximate Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 small onion(s), chopped
- 2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 cup(s) broccoli slaw, (found with the bagged salad mixes - use 2 cups of thinly sliced cabbage, carrots, and broccoli if you can't find it pre-bagged)
- 2 cup(s) cabbage, either green, purple or a mixture; shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes, (more if you want it hot!)
- 1 pound(s) pork kielbasa, or other German sausage (can be substituted by sausage made with meat other than pork)
- 2 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) caraway seeds
- Heat the olive oil on medium low in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add the broccoli slaw and cabbage and stir. Season with salt and pepper and add the red pepper flakes.
- Add the sausage and cook until browned, and then stir in the apple cider vinegar and 1/4 cup water (per 4 servings).
- Continue cooking until vegetables are tender. Stir in the caraway seeds and serve.