Approximate prep and cook time: 45 minutes
- 2 TB. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups broccoli slaw (found with the bagged salad mixes - use 2 cups of thinly sliced cabbage, carrots, and broccoli if you can't find it pre-bagged)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage, either green, purple or a mixture
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (more if you want it hot!)
- 1 lb high quality pork kielbasa or other German sausage (can be substituted by sausage made with meat other than pork)
- 2 TB. apple cider vinegar
- 1 TB. caraway seeds
- Heat the olive oil on medium low in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add the broccoli slaw and cabbage and stir. Season with salt and pepper and add the red pepper flakes.
- Add the sausage and cook until browned, and then stir in the apple cider vinegar and 1/4 cup water.
- Continue cooking until vegetables are tender. Stir in the caraway seeds and serve.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.