Recipe makes 4 servings.
Approximate Prep Time: 45 minutes
Approximate Cook Time: 45 minutes
|2||tablespoon(s)||olive oil, extra virgin|
|2||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
|2||cup(s)||broccoli slaw, (found with the bagged salad mixes - use 2 cups of thinly sliced cabbage, carrots, and broccoli if you can't find it pre-bagged)|
|1/2||head(s)||cabbage(s), green, either green, purple or a mixture; shredded (about 2 cups)|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||red pepper flakes, (more if you want it hot!)|
|1||pound(s)||pork kielbasa, or other German sausage (can be substituted by sausage made with meat other than pork)|
|2||tablespoon(s)||apple cider vinegar|
- Heat the olive oil on medium low in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add the broccoli slaw and cabbage and stir. Season with salt and pepper and add the red pepper flakes.
- Add the sausage and cook until browned, and then stir in the apple cider vinegar and water.
- Continue cooking until vegetables are tender. Stir in the caraway seeds and serve.