Approximate Prep Time: 30 minutes
Approximate Cook Time: 30 minutes
Passive Time: 2-12 hours (marinades, etc.)
- 1 small onion(s), yellow, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper(s), de-seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup(s) pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium lime(s), juiced
- 1 teaspoon(s) honey, raw
- 2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) nutmeg, fresh, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ginger, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 4 chicken breast(s), boneless skinless (4-6 oz)
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper, freshly ground
- Combine onion, jalapeno, coconut aminos, pineapple juice, olive oil, cider vinegar, lime juice, honey, garlic, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and crushed red pepper in a blender or food processor and blend until a smooth paste forms (about 1 to 2 minutes).
- In a shallow dish (or resealable bag) pour the marinade over chicken breasts add the ciltrantro on top. Cover (or close bag) and place in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat a gas or charcoal grill to high heat. NOTE: If you don't have a grill, simply heat a large saute pan over medium high heat. When pan is hot, add some coconut oil, and cook chicken breasts, turning once, until an internal temperature of 165 F is reached.
- When grill is hot, remove chicken from marinade (save leftover marinade) and grill or saute until internal temperature reaches 165 F (about 4 to 5 minutes on each side).
- While chicken is cooking, pour remaining marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- When chicken is fully cooked, remove from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Before serving, brush chicken with remaining boiled glaze. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve alongside steamed vegetables or on top of fresh greens.