Approximate Prep Time: 30 minutes
Approximate Cook Time: 30 minutes
Passive Time: 2-12 hours (marinades, etc.)
|1||small||onion(s), yellow, peeled and roughly chopped|
|1||medium||jalapeno pepper(s), de-seeded and chopped|
|1/4||cup(s)||apple cider vinegar|
|2||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
|1/2||teaspoon(s)||nutmeg, fresh, grated|
|1/2||teaspoon(s)||red pepper flakes, crushed|
|1||cup(s)||cilantro, fresh, chopped|
|4||chicken breast(s), boneless skinless (4-6 oz)|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
- Combine onion, jalapeno, coconut aminos, pineapple juice, olive oil, cider vinegar, lime juice, honey, garlic, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and crushed red pepper in a blender or food processor and blend until a smooth paste forms (about 1 to 2 minutes).
- In a shallow dish (or resealable bag) pour the marinade over chicken breasts add the ciltrantro on top. Cover (or close bag) and place in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat a gas or charcoal grill to high heat. NOTE: If you don't have a grill, simply heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
- When grill is hot, remove chicken from marinade (save leftover marinade) and grill or sauté until internal temperature reaches 165 F (about 4 to 5 minutes on each side).
- While chicken is cooking, pour remaining marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- When chicken is fully cooked, remove from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Before serving, brush chicken with remaining boiled glaze. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve alongside steamed vegetables or on top of fresh greens.