Serves 4 as a side, snack or appetizer.
Approximate prep and cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 TB. olive oil, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 large parsnip, grated
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, finely diced
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts, finely diced
- 2 eggs, beaten or lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, add onion and cook until soft, stirring frequently (about 3-5 minutes). Add garlic, and cook for another minute.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted. Turn off heat and transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Add parsnips, oregano, sun dried tomatoes, olives, artichokes, egg, almond flour, sea salt and black pepper, and stir to combine completely.
- Quarter mixture and form into 4 small cakes.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. When pan is hot (make sure it sizzles), place cakes in the pan and fry 5-7 minutes on each side, or until browned and crispy.
- Serve hot. Pair with Olive Tapenade or Mojo Verde for an excellent appetizer.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.