Asian food is considered to be healthy by a lot of people, but when you break it down, it contains a lot of ingredients that aren’t quite Paleo friendly. Namely rice and soy, in addition to some allergenic flavor enhancers (like MSG) and preservatives (like BHT). Fortunately, you don’t need these bad ingredients in your homemade dishes; instead you can use real foods like nutrient-rich vegetables, garlic, ginger and high quality meat for a delicious meal or appetizer. Add in some nutrient dense coconut aminos instead of soy sauce and you’ve got an amazing dish that may make you rethink takeout. This delicious Asian Ground Beef and Veggie Lettuce Wraps recipe is filling, healthy, and delicious, and they’re quick to make! It takes 25 minutes total in the kitchen to make these lettuce wraps, which is about the same or less time it’d take you to go out and get takeout or have it delivered. Hmmm…
If you enjoyed this Asian Ground Beef and Veggie Lettuce Wraps recipe, try our Paleo Asian Cabbage Salad recipe next time. Looking for more delicious Paleo recipes? Look no further! Visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center for hundreds of FREE Paleo recipes.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Asian Ground Beef and Veggie Lettuce Wraps
Total Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
saturated fat 6.1g
- 1 pound(s) beef, ground
- 1 small onion(s) chopped
- 2 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) ginger, fresh chopped
- 4 medium mushroom(s), white button sliced
- 1/4 head(s) cabbage(s), green shredded
- 1 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon(s) fish sauce (use Red Boat Fish Sauce if you can find some)
- 1 head(s) lettuce, Iceburg or Bibb large leaves in tact
- 1/4 head(s) cabbage(s), green shredded for garnish
- 1 medium carrot(s) shredded for garnish
- 2 medium onion(s), green chopped for garnish
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the ground beef and onions. Cook until the beef is no longer pink in the center (about 7 minutes) and add the garlic and ginger. Stir well for about a minute.
- Add the mushrooms and cabbage and cook until vegetables are soft. Stir in the vinegar, coconut aminos, and fish sauce and continue stirring until heated through.
- To serve, spoon the ground beef mixture into the lettuce leaves, being careful not to overfill. Top with additional cabbage, carrots, and green onions if desired.