Approximate Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound(s) beef, ground
- 1 small onion(s), chopped
- 2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) ginger, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 head(s) cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon(s) fish sauce, (use Red Boat Fish Sauce if you can find some)
- 1 head(s) lettuce, Iceburg or Bibb, large leaves in tact
- 1/4 head(s) cabbage, shredded for garnish
- 1 medium carrot(s), shredded for garnish
- 2 whole onion(s), green, chopped for garnish
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the ground beef and onions. Cook until the beef is no longer pink in the center (about 7 minutes) and add the garlic and ginger. Stir well for about a minute.
- Add the mushrooms and cabbage and cook until vegetables are soft. Stir in the vinegar, coconut aminos, and fish sauce and continue stirring until heated through.
- To serve, spoon the ground beef mixture into the lettuce leaves, being careful not to overfill. Top with additional cabbage, carrots, and green onions if desired.