Makes 2 servings
Approximate prep and cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TB. fresh chopped ginger
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 TB. apple cider vinegar
- 1 TB. coconut aminos
- 1 TB. fish sauce (use Red Boat Fish Sauce if you can find some)
- 1 head Iceberg or Bibb lettuce, large leaves in tact
- Shredded cabbage, shredded carrots and chopped green onions, for garnish
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the ground beef and onions. Cook until the beef is no longer pink in the center (about 7 minutes) and add the garlic and ginger. Stir well for about a minute.
- Add the mushrooms and cabbage and cook until vegetables are soft. Stir in the vinegar, coconut aminos, and fish sauce and continue stirring until heated through.
- To serve, spoon the ground beef mixture into the lettuce leaves, being careful not to overfill. Top with additional cabbage, carrots, and green onions if desired.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.