Approximate Cook Time: 30 minutes
|4||chicken breast(s), boneless skinless (4-6 oz)|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
|2||tablespoon(s)||olive oil, extra virgin|
|4||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
|1||medium||onion(s), red, thinly sliced|
|1||medium||bell pepper(s), red, seeds removed and sliced|
|1||medium||bell pepper(s), yellow, seeds removed and sliced|
|1||medium||zucchini, trimmed and thinly sliced|
|3||cup(s)||spinach, baby, or shredded kale|
|2||tablespoon(s)||parsley, fresh, chopped|
|1||medium||lemon(s), juiced, (about 2 tablespoons)|
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Season chicken with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place chicken breasts on a non-stick baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- In the meantime, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil when pan is hot.
- Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add onions, peppers, and zucchini and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, or until slightly soft, but still crisp tender.
- When chicken is fully cooked, carefully remove it from the oven. Place on a cutting board, roughly chop and add to the vegetable mixture.
- Add spinach and parsley and stir with a wooden spoon just until wilted.
- Add salt and pepper if needed. Drizzle lemon juice over top to serve.