Makes 4 servings
Approximate cook and prep time: 30 minutes
- 4 (4-6 oz. each) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 TB. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 zucchini, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 cups baby spinach or shredded kale
- 2 TB. fresh chopped parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 TB.)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Place chicken breasts on a non-stick baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- In the meantime, heat a large skillet or over medium heat. Add olive oil when pan is hot.
- Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add onions, peppers, and zucchini and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, or until slightly soft, but still crisp tender.
- When chicken is fully cooked, carefully remove it from the oven. Place on a cutting board, roughly chop and add to the vegetable mixture.
- Add spinach and parsley and stir with a wooden spoon just until wilted.
- Add salt and pepper if needed. Drizzle lemon juice over top to serve.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.