This paleo tuna salad will definitely have you going for seconds. The robust flavors of Kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted peppers, and artichokes mix with delicate herbs to create a delicious medley that is perfect for lunch or a light dinner. Served on lettuce leaves, it also looks beautiful.
|1||can(s)||tuna (6 oz)|
|1/2||cup(s)||artichoke hearts, diced|
|1/2||cup(s)||olive(s), kalamata, pitted and chopped|
|1/2||cup(s)||tomatoes, sun-dried, diced|
|1||medium||roasted red pepper(s), chopped (from a jar is fine but check for non-Paleo ingredients)|
|1/4||cup(s)||parsley, fresh, chopped|
|2||tablespoon(s)||basil, fresh, slivered|
|2||tablespoon(s)||mint, fresh, chopped|
|4||lettuce leaves, for serving|
|1||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, to taste|
|1||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground, to taste|
- Put the tuna in a large bowl and flake with a fork so that there are no large chunks.
- Add the artichoke hearts, olives, sun dried tomatoes, and red peppers and mix well.
- Season with salt and plenty of fresh ground pepper.
- Put the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, and chopped herbs in a jar or other container with a lid. Add pinch of salt and shake until well combined.
- Toss the tuna mixture with the dressing and chill for 30 minutes (optional) to let the flavors meld. Serve in the lettuce leaves.