Makes 2 Servings
Approximate prep and cook time: 10 minutes
- 12 medium sea scallops
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced (or use 1/4 cup minced yellow onion)
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 TB.)
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When the pan is hot, add shallots. Saute, stirring frequently for 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add the lemon juice to the pan to deglaze, and cook until evaporated.
- Add scallops to the pan, leaving at least 1/2" of space between each scallop. Cook for 1 minute, then turn, cooking another minute on the other side until deeply browned. Repeat until all scallops are cooked.
- Remove from pan immediately and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Top with parsley and serve with a fresh lemon wedge.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.