Approximate Cook Time: 10 minutes
|1||small||shallot(s), minced (or use 1/4 cup minced yellow onion)|
|1||medium||lemon(s), juiced, (about 2 tablespoon)|
|1||teaspoon(s)||parsley, fresh, chopped|
|1||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When the pan is hot, add shallots. Saute, stirring frequently for 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add the lemon juice to the pan to deglaze, and cook until evaporated.
- Add scallops to the pan, leaving at least 1/2 inch of space between each scallop. Cook for 1 minute, then turn, cooking another minute on the other side until deeply browned. Repeat until all scallops are cooked.
- Remove from pan immediately and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Top with parsley and serve with a fresh lemon wedge.