Think you can’t have granola on a Paleo diet? Think again! Instead of oats, this recipe uses ingredients like almonds, walnuts and chia seeds and toasts them in the oven to bring out their full flavor. You can enjoy this recipe warm or at room temperature. It is delicious with coconut or almond milk poured on top.
|1||cup(s)||almonds, whole or slivered|
|1||cup(s)||pecans, roughly chopped|
|1||cup(s)||walnuts, roughly chopped|
|1/2||cup(s)||sunflower seeds, raw|
|1/2||cup(s)||pumpkin seeds, raw|
|2||tablespoon(s)||flax seeds, ground|
|2||tablespoon(s)||coconut oil, melted|
|1||tablespoon(s)||maple syrup, pure Grade B; (or use raw honey)|
- Preheat oven to 275 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almonds, pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia, flax, coconut oil, maple syrup and cinnamon. Stir with a wooden spoon to coat.
- Spread mixture evenly on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring twice, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes. Add raisins and goji berries and stir to combine.
- Serve warm or room temperature with almond or coconut milk.
- To store, cool granola completely and keep in an airtight container at room temperature.