Makes 2 servings
Approximate cooking and prep time: 25-45 minutes
- ¾ lb. fresh or frozen salmon filets
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ lb. mixed greens (or use fresh pea shoots)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 radish, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- Juice of ½ orange
- Juice of ½ lemon (or use lemon segments)
- 1 TB. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Season both sides of fresh salmon filets with sea salt and black pepper. If you are using frozen filets, wait to season until a few minutes in to cooking so it will stick.
- Place filets on a broiler pan (or use a wire rack over a baking sheet) and place in the oven.
- Bake 15-18 minutes for fresh salmon or 30-35 minutes for frozen, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork and reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine mixed greens (or pea shoots), sugar snap peas, radish slices, sunflower seeds, orange juice, lemon juice (or segments) and olive oil. Toss to coat and season slightly with sea salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Divide greens into two salad bowls. Top with warm or cooled salmon to serve.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.