Approximate Prep Time: 15 minutes
Approximate Cook Time: 60 minutes
|4||large||mushrooms, white button or cremini, halved|
|1||large||onion(s), yellow, peeled and quartered|
|1||pound(s)||sausage, ground breakfast|
|1/2||tablespoon(s)||thyme, fresh, (optional)|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||cayenne pepper, (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place a grater blade on a medium or large food processor (or just use a box grater to shred the veggies by hand). Grate the zucchini, mushrooms and onion.
- Scrape the veggie mixture into the bottom of a 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish and lightly pat down to form an even surface.
- Crumble the raw sausage on top of the veggies. Sprinkle with fresh thyme and almond flour.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, granulated garlic, sea salt, and cayenne (optional) and whisk until eggs are a pale yellow (about 30 seconds).
- Pour egg mixture evenly over sausage and veggies in the baking dish. It should sink to the bottom of the pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until browned on top and cooked through. There will be some residual water from the vegetables.
- Cool at least 15 minutes. Slice into 4 servings and enjoy warm or cold.