Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Approximate cooking time: 60 minutes
- 1-1/4 lb zucchini (about 3 medium), trimmed
- 4 large cremini or white button mushrooms, halved
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage
- ½ tsp. fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- 2 TB. almond flour
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place a grater blade on a medium or large food processor (or just use a box grater to shred the veggies by hand). Grate the zucchini, mushrooms and onion.
- Scrape the veggie mixture into the bottom of a 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish and lightly pat down to form an even surface.
- Crumble the raw sausage on top of the veggies. Sprinkle with fresh thyme and almond flour.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, granulated garlic, sea salt, and cayenne (optional) and whisk until eggs are a pale yellow (about 30 seconds).
- Pour egg mixture evenly over sausage and veggies in the baking dish. It should sink to the bottom of the pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until browned on top and cooked through. There will be some residual water from the vegetables.
- Cool at least 15 minutes. Slice into 4 servings and enjoy warm or cold.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.