Recipe makes 2 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 45 minutes
|6||medium||mushroom(s), white button, sliced|
|2||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
|1||pound(s)||shrimp, peeled and de-veined|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||cayenne pepper, (optional)|
|1||cup(s)||tomatoes, cherry or grape, halved|
|1||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel zucchini lengthwise to create noodle-like ribbons. Alternatively, use a mandolin with a julienne plate, a julienne peeler or a vegetable spiralizer to make the "noodles."
- Place zucchini in a mesh strainer over a bowl or the sink. Sprinkle with sea salt, and toss with tongs (or use freshly washed hands) to make sure the salt covers the zucchini. Let zucchini sit for 20-25 minutes, occasionally tossing. Drain and discard any excess liquid.
- When "noodles" are drained, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and wait 15 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to the hot pan and saute, stirring frequently for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms have softened.
- Meanwhile, toss shrimp with cayenne pepper (if desired). Add to the mushroom mixture in the hot pan, along with cherry tomatoes. Saute, stirring frequently for 1 to 2 minutes, or until shrimp are bright pink.
- Add zucchini and lemon juice and stir just to heat through. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Season with additional sea salt (if desired) and freshly ground black pepper.