Makes 2 servings
Approximate prep time: 35 minutes
Approximate cooking time: 10 minutes
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel zucchini lengthwise to create noodle-like ribbons. Alternatively, use a mandolin with a julienne plate, a julienne peeler or a vegetable spiralizer to make the “noodles.”
- Place zucchini in a mesh strainer over a bowl or the sink. Sprinkle with sea salt, and toss with tongs (or use freshly washed hands) to make sure the salt covers the zucchini. Let zucchini sit for 20-25 minutes, occasionally tossing. Drain and discard any excess liquid.
- When “noodles” are drained, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and wait 15 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to the hot pan and sauté, stirring frequently for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms have softened.
- Meanwhile, toss shrimp with cayenne pepper (if desired). Add to the mushroom mixture in the hot pan, along with cherry tomatoes. Sauté, stirring frequently for 1 to 2 minutes, or until shrimp are bright pink.
- Add zucchini and lemon juice and stir just to heat through. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Season with additional sea salt (if desired) and freshly ground black pepper.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.